Return to Frequently Asked Questions
Morning of Day 1
Arrival and Departure (September - June):
- On the first day of a regular course, arrive promptly by 6:30 AM when the gate opens. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE.
- NOTE: If you are taking a one day specialty course that is not scheduled on the first day of a regular course, the gate will open at 7:15 AM
- Arrival time for all subsequent days is 7:30 AM
- Your course will start each day promptly at 8:00 AM
- On the final day of your course, all activities are completed around 5:00 PM. Give yourself at least two hours to travel to the airport, return your rental car, check your baggage, declare your unloaded firearm, and walk to the gate of your departing flight.
Arrival and Departure, NIGHT Courses (29 June - 05 July):
- On the first night of your course, arrive promptly by 5:30 PM when the gate opens. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE.
- The gate will open for all subsequent nights at 6:00 PM
- Your course will start each night promptly at 6:30 PM and run to 12:30 AM (there are no student lunch/dinner breaks)
Arrival and Departure (July - August; Summer Courses):
- On the first day of your course, arrive promptly by 5:30 AM when the gate opens. PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE.
- Arrival time for all subsequent days is 5:30 AM
- Your course will start each day promptly at 6:00 AM
- Indoor courses (Martial Arts, Armorer, etc.) will have lunch from 11:30 -12:30, with the course finishing at 3:00 PM
- Outdoor courses (including Privates) end on the range each day at 12:30 PM, with lunch from 12:30 - 1:30, followed by lectures on Days 1 and 2, from 1:30 to 3:00 PM
Arrival at the Main Gate:
- Tune your radio to FM 87.9 to hear a recorded message that will cover the following information in more detail.
- You will be greeted by a staff member at the front gate, then proceed to the right toward the main parking lot.
- Please drive slowly, (10 miles per hour), on Front Sight property.
- A staff member acting as a parking attendant will guide you where to park.
- After you are parked, you will proceed to Sign-In, then weapon inspection and rentals, then ammunition sales, and finally, to the classroom.
- Before you leave your vehicle, please organize your gun, ammunition, and related items. Your weapon should be unloaded. By “unloaded” we mean there is nothing in the gun; no round in the chamber and no magazine. Please keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction the entire time. Don’t cover yourself or anyone else as you get organized. If you are in a handgun course, put on your belt, holster, and magazine pouch. Please remember that Blackhawk Serpa holsters are not allowed. If you are in a shotgun or rifle course, make sure your weapon has a sling.
- Proceed to Sign-In in front of Range 6. Have your driver’s license, weapon, and one box of ammunition. Have your driver’s license out and available to hand to a staff member. You will also need your First Family card at Sign-In.
- Leave any bulky items, such as range bags, in your vehicle. You will have plenty of time to grab those before you go to the range.
- If you are part of a group, you do not need to wait for the remainder of your group to arrive before you get signed in. Let the staff at Sign-In know that you are with a group and they will make every effort to keep you on the same range.
- If your group is LARGER than four (4) people, and you are not all travelling in the same vehicle, contact Course Administration at (702) 837-7433 prior to the start-date of your course to ensure your entire group can stay together on the same range, even if some members are delayed and can’t meet with the group at Sign-In.
- At Sign-In, we will check your photo ID and scan your membership card in order to give you a range assignment. We will write your range assignment on the back of your hand, just to avoid any confusion.
- Once you are done at Sign In, you will be directed to Weapons Inspection on Range 6 where we will inspect your equipment to make sure that it is safe and appropriate for your course.
- If you need to rent any gear, we will direct you to the Rental counter on Range 6. Similarly, if you need ammunition, we will direct you to the Ammunition counter.
- Once you are done with Weapons Inspection, you can place your ammunition and range gear back in the vehicle.
- If you are in a handgun course, please keep your handgun in the holster and on your belt just the way you left weapons inspection.
- If you are in a shotgun or rifle course, please put your gun back in the vehicle.
- Once your gear is in your vehicle, you will proceed to the classroom building.
- Please be seated in the classroom by 7:55 because we start promptly at 8:00.
- Until 7:55, feel free to visit the Pro Shop located at the back of the classroom.
- The restrooms are located on Range 8, just a short distance from the Sign-In area.
- You are welcome to eat and drink in the classroom. You can bring your own food, or you can contact the Concierge Department to pre-order lunches.
© 1996-2021 Front Sight Firearm Training Institute, All Rights Reserved.