Skip to Navigation - Skip to Content

Frequently Asked Questions at Front Sight Nevada

Front Sight FAQ > Front Sight, Nevada > Firearms Training > CCW Course

What does the 1-Day CCW Handgun Course consist of?
The course consists of both range work and classroom activities. On the range during your 4 day Defensive Handgun Course, you become proficient at presenting your weapon from a concealed holster and guaranteeing fight-stopping hits. On the range during your CCW class, you will shoot the Nevada Qualification Course to demonstrate safe weapons handling and proficiency with your weapon. Classroom activities will consist of the mandatory state statutes lecture and you being guided through the completion of the applications for Nevada, Utah and Florida. See the Front Sight Concealed Weapon Course Description and the CCW FAQ for the full description of the course.

Do I need a concealment garment for the CCW Course?
No. Nevada does not require concealment for their qualification test. Do not bring a fanny pack, shoulder holster, ankle holster, purse holster, etc. Although these are common forms of concealed carry, they are not suitable for range use.

What handgun may I qualify with?
You can qualify with a semi-automatic or a revolver. You'll need 30 rounds to shoot the Nevada qualification test with. You can qualify with your rental gun. You should qualify with the gun you used during your Defensive Handgun Course.

How much ammunition do I need?
You'll need 30 rounds for the weapon you'll qualify with.

May I qualify with a Front Sight rental weapon or a borrowed weapon?

May a husband and wife team qualify with only one weapon?

How difficult are the written and shooting tests to get my CCW?
They are very simple. Very few people have difficulty passing the tests.

Do I need to qualify with the ammunition I intend to carry?
No. You may qualify with any factory-made, full-metal jacket or jacketed hollow point ammunition.

How and when can I take this course?
See the Front Sight Concealed Weapon Course Description for the full answer.

Who can I contact for more information or help?
Contact for any questions regarding the CCW course or applications. Go to for up-to-the-minute legislative changes, reciprocity and recognition lists, etc.

Which states will I apply for CCW permits in?
You will be filling out applications for Nevada, Utah and Florida. You can choose to send in only one or any combination of the applications within one year of taking the CCW course.

What states will I be able to legally carry a concealed handgun in?
Depending on which combination of permits you choose to apply for, you would be able to legally carry in up to 30 States or more. See the 1-Day CCW course description for a partial listing of what States are covered by the Nevada, Utah and Florida permits.

How long will it take to get my permits?
Upon receipt of your application, it can take up to 60 days for Utah and Florida, and up to 120 days for Nevada.

How do I receive my permits?
Utah and Florida will mail you your permit when your application is approved.

If you do not live in Nevada, and you went to the Nye County Sheriff's Office, then they have everything they need to mail your permit to you.

The Nye County Sheriff's Office is only open from 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to process CCW applications.

If you mail in your Nevada application, upon approval, you will have to return to the NCSO in order for them to finish the permit process as they need your digital photograph and digital signature in order to print your permit.

What if I am a Nevada resident?
We have the standard Nevada CCW application form that we can partially fill out for you. You will need to then take this application in to your local law enforcement office in the county you reside in, (e.g., if you live in Clark County, you'll take your application and fees in to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department's CCW Division), to finish the process. Upon approval, they will mail your permit to you.

If I am not a Nevada resident, can I turn my Nevada CCW application in to any County's Law Enforcement office?
No. If you are a non-resident, you must turn your paperwork in to the Nye County Sheriff's Office substation in Pahrump.

Front Sight FAQ > Front Sight, Nevada > Firearms Training > CCW Course

Subscribe to Free Gun Training Reports
First Name:

Primary Email:
Enter your first name and primary e-mail address to receive 15 Special Gun Training Reports written by Front Sight's Founder and Director and Four Weapons Combat Master,
Dr. Ignatius Piazza

Your info is safe. We don't sell
or transfer to anyone.
Privacy Policy

Front Sight's Legal Plan Solving Problems 2 & 3...and MORE!

Link to Our Website
Link to our website! Help spread Front Sight's message throughout the Internet. Link to our website with your choice of banners or hyperlink.