A course for those looking to push not only the capabilities of their rifle, but also their own skills as
a marksman! We will cover many topics related to the marksmanship fundamentals necessary for
competitive, hunting, & target/sports shooting.
Cost: $100/day for members
Prerequisite Class(s): None - entry level course
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-In, regardless of age!
This Is a Nevada POST Certified Course - Click Here for More Info
In this course, you will be challenged by the drills involved to gain both a comprehensive understanding of the capabilities of your rifle and ammo and the corresponding marksmanship skills you need to place first-round center hits on targets at various distances without ballistics calculators or precision-level equipment.
NOTE: This course is suitable for any rifle/ammunition combination capable of achieving accurate hits (2 MOA (2") or less at 100 yards) up to 350 yards (7" or less sized group). If your rifle of choice is a manually operated rifle (such as a bolt, lever-action, or pump gun), this course is much better suited for you than our 4-Day Practical Rifle.
Lecture Topics Include:
Color Code of Mental Awareness; Use of Deadly Force and the Law; Criminal and Civil Liability; Zeroing, Sight Adjustments; and more.
Range Drills Include:
Loading and Unloading; Carrying and Ready Positions; Shooting Stance (Offhand/Standing) and Assumption of Supported Positions; Stabilization Techniques; Sight Alignment, Sight Picture and Trigger Control; Target Identification and Engagement from 15 to 350 yards under Time Pressure; Reading the Wind; Holdovers; Trajectory; Introduction to External Ballistics; a Skills Evaluation; and more.
Go here for Ammunition Requirements
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed
safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a
“hair” trigger, removed trigger guard, etc.)
- The weapon`s caliber must be a rifle round of at least 5mm/.204 or larger and have an attached sling. An appropriate sling may be used for stability of hold during the course.
- The weapon should be able to hold a 7" or less group at 350 yards with factory match or hunting grade ammunition and can be semi-automatic, a bolt gun, lever gun, or pump action.
- The weapon must have a stock, not a wrist or forearm brace, as the rifle will be mounted to the shoulder throughout the course.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at
the Axil store inside the Pro Shop or numerous retailers.
- Elbow and Knee pads are strongly recommended.
- Iron sights, red dots, and magnified optics can be used. (As there is limited zeroing time, you will have to have any sights or optics already mounted, and cannot change them out during the course.)
- Easily carried rest such as a monopod, bipod, tripod, bag rest or monopod.
- Some type of magazine pouch or carrier on the belt is required.
- A lightweight dust mask and a handkerchief/bandana are recommended.
- Do NOT bring shooting mats, rangefinders, Kestrels, or Ballistic Calculators. Tracking Point rifles can only be used in Suppressive or Traditional Mode.
- Your choice of factory match or hunting grade ammunition should be chosen according to the twist rate of the barrel. If you are unsure about the twist rate, it may be stamped on the barrel, in the owner`s manual, or you can contact the manufacturer. If you are unsure about the appropriate bullet weight, but do know your caliber and twist rate, please contact the Ammo Bunker.
- 16 to 17 years old, welcome to take regular firearms courses alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite; parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or on a different range.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.
See Buddy System pricing and save 25%.