A two day course for those students who wish to elevate their skills to
levels not found anywhere else.
Cost: $100/day for members
Prerequisite Class(s): Distinguished Graduate in the 4-Day Tactical Shotgun AND attendance in Advanced Tactical Handgun.
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-In, regardless of age!
| || || |
Heavy emphasis on urban environment improvised position shooting, support-side shooting, weapon transition to a handgun, low-light, live-fire tactical scenarios with shooting on the move, shooting multiple targets, precision hostage-rescue shooting, and much more.
Note: There will be a Night Shoot in the evening of Day 1.
Ammunition Required (NO reloads, Magnum or steel shot!):
300 rounds of #7 1/2 or #8 birdshot
300 rounds of 00 buckshot
100 rounds of slug
300 rounds of handgun
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- The weapons must be fully functional, have all factory-installed
safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a
“hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, pistol grip only stock, etc.)
- The shotgun must be 12 or 20 gauge and have an attached sling
- Holsters must be on the belt, correctly fit the weapon, completely cover the trigger guard, remain open when the weapon is removed, not allow the weapon to cover the shooter’s body, and not have a trigger guard retention device (such as the Blackhawk Serpa model and others). NO thigh rigs, cross-draw, etc.
- A weapon mounted light along with a handheld light as a back-up
- Spare bulbs and batteries are recommended
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at
the Front Sight Pro Shop or numerous retailers
- Elbow and Knee pads are strongly recommended
- Some type of shell carrier on the weapon and/or on the belt is strongly recommended
- 16 to 17 years old can take the without the parent or guardian being on the same range, however, the parent or guardian must be onsite.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.