Front Sight Courses > 4 Day Practical Rifle
Register for this course at MyFrontSight.com
|4 Day Practical Rifle|
This challenging 4-day course will help you polish your fundamentals so that you can effectively defend your environment with your chosen rifle/carbine in hand!
The change to the Prerequisites will be EFFECTIVE 01 January 2019. A Distinguished Graduate certificate in Practical Rifle and taking Fundamentals of Precision Rifle will no longer qualify you for Precision Rifle. You must meet the new prerequisites, (Distinguished Graduate in the four day Rifle Marksmanship course and take Precision Rifle Fundamentals at least once), or previous attendance in Precision Rifle will also satisfy the new prerequisites.
Prerequisite Class(s): None - entry level course
ALL students must show photo ID at Sign-In, regardless of age!
Regardless of your skill level upon entry into the course, by its completion you`ll have the skills necessary to identify and engage threats appropriate to your weapon system from household distances up to 100 yards away in a timely fashion with first-round center hits! You`ll also be able to use your environment to your advantage with an understanding of supported shooting platforms and cover/concealment.
NOTE: To get the most out of this course, we highly recommend that you bring a magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifle/carbine (such as an AR-style or AK-style). If you prefer to use a manually operated rifle (such as a bolt, lever-action, or pump gun), we recommend taking the 4-Day Rifle Marksmanship course instead.
Lecture Topics Include:
Color Code of Mental Awareness; Use of Deadly Force and the Law; Criminal and Civil Liability; Zeroing, Sight Adjustments; and more.
Range Drills Include:
Loading and Unloading; Carrying and Ready Positions; Shooting Stance and Assumption of Supported Positions; Sight Alignment, Sight Picture and Trigger Control; Target Identification and Engagement from 7 to 100 yards under Time Pressure; a Skills Evaluation; and more.
Go here for Ammunition Requirements
Firearm and Equipment Requirements:
- The weapon must be fully functional, have all factory-installed safety devices intact, and have no dangerous modifications (such as a “hair” trigger less than 4 pounds, removed trigger guard, etc.)
- The weapon`s caliber must be a rifle round of at least 5.56mm/.223 or larger and have an attached sling.
- The weapon must have a stock, not a wrist or forearm brace, as the rifle will be mounted to the shoulder throughout the course.
- Electronic hearing protection is mandatory and is available at the Front Sight Pro Shop or numerous retailers.
- Elbow and Knee pads are strongly recommended.
- Some type of magazine pouch on the belt is strongly recommended.
- 16 to 17 years old, welcome to take regular firearms courses alone as long as a parent or guardian is onsite; parent or guardian can be enrolled in a different course or on a different range.
- Minimum age is 11 if taking the course with a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian MUST be the one working with the child during the entire course, and be responsible for only ONE child.
- Children age 10 and under are not allowed.
- Unattended minors are NOT allowed on the property. They must be escorted by a parent or guardian at all times or be enrolled in an appropriate course.
See Buddy System pricing and save 25%.
Starting Monday, February 4, 2019
Starting Friday, February 8, 2019
Starting Friday, February 15, 2019
Starting Friday, March 1, 2019
Starting Monday, March 4, 2019
Starting Monday, March 11, 2019
Starting Friday, March 15, 2019
Starting Friday, March 22, 2019
Starting Monday, March 25, 2019
Starting Friday, March 29, 2019
Starting Monday, April 8, 2019
Starting Friday, April 26, 2019
Starting Monday, April 29, 2019
Starting Monday, May 6, 2019
Starting Friday, May 10, 2019
Starting Monday, May 20, 2019
Starting Friday, May 31, 2019
Starting Friday, June 7, 2019
Starting Monday, June 10, 2019
Starting Monday, June 17, 2019
Starting Friday, July 26, 2019
Register for this course at MyFrontSight.com
Show All Front Sight Firearms Training Classes
All course purchases are transferable, but non refundable.
Home | Ignatius Piazza | In the News | Front Sight Memberships | Brochure | First Family Forum
Pro Shop | Front Sight Nevada | Alaska | Facilities | Front Sight Instructors | Free Stuff | Self Defense Offers
Course Descriptions | Firearms Training Schedule | Safety & Incident Reports | Children & Youth Achievement
Martial Arts | Firearm Training | Celebrity Training | Rope & Rappel
© 1996-2019 Front Sight Firearm Training Institute, All Rights Reserved.